Now that you are into a project it is important to fill up the RACI Matrix. So what exactly is the RACI Matrix?
So what exactly is the RACI Matrix?
It is a tool which is used for identifying and assigning responsibilities to various stakeholders. This tool provides a clear set of responsibilities to each stakeholder and makes sure no conflicts arise later in the project cycle
What Does RACI stand for?
- R -> Responsible
- Who will be doing the task?
- When will they be doing this task?
- A -> Accountable
- Who will provide the sign off for this particular task?
- C -> Consulting
- Who will be the SME for this task?
- I -> Informed
- Who all should be informed about this task?
Now although creating a RACI matrix is important what is more important is the identification of stakeholders in this process.
So how are stakeholders identified?
- Stakeholders are those who are directly benefited by this project
- Those who sign off on the project
- Those who work with the project beneficiaries
For a project to be successful, it is important to not only create the correct RACI matrix but also to identify the right stakeholders